Rock Hill Bicycle Club Races - 2013
33rd Annual RHBC Classic
Celebrating 33 years of racing in Rock Hill, SC!
April 6th Crit RESULTS
The Rock Hill Bicycle Club’s Spring Classic — now in its 33rd year — kicks off the season for cyclists in the Southeast! The Classic features 2 days of racing with prizes awarded to winners in each of 10 categories. Prizes are awarded at the end of the last race.
Early Packet Pickup & Registration at Giordana Velodrome !!
Friday, April 5, 2013 ~ 4 pm to 7 pm
Friday Velodrome Registration
RHBC Classic Criterium $35 extra crit $20
RHBC Classic Road Race $35
Race Day Registration Starts at 6:30 am
Day of Registration
At the criterium, and road race, registration is available if space remains. Each racer needs to complete a registration form; waiver forms will be available day of event.
Criterium/RR combo (1 race/day) $75
RHBC Classic Criterium $40 extra crit $20
RHBC Classic Road Race $40
Download a 2013 Classic brochure or a 2013 USA Cycling Release Form.
NEW 2013 Pricing - PreRegister & Save !!
Registration available thru www.pre-reg.com is now closed.
We are very excited to announce the Road Race and Criterium will be chip timed this year by Charlotte Sports Cycling using the MyLaps ProChip System. This is the same great timing system they use for the Tour de France and many other pro cycling events around the world.*
Weldon Weaver Photography will be the exclusive event photographer for both days of racing! Check out his work at WeldonWeaver.com
RESULTS 2013 RHBC Classic Criterium (map)
Saturday | 4.6.13 | 7 am – 6 pm
Location Winthrop University Coliseum & Lake Complex, 1162 Eden Terrace, Rock Hill, SC
Estimated Participation 500 riders... Number of Races 12
The first day of the 2013 RHBC Classic features the Winthrop Lake Criterium. This all-day event provides ample opportunities for new and experienced racers to test their skills against racers from all over the country along a 0.9 mile loop course. Winthrop Lake provides the perfect venue for spectators to watch the multi-lap race.
2013 RHBC Classic Road Race (map)
Sunday | 4.7.13 | 7 am – 5 pm
Location York Middle School, 1010 Devinney Rd, York, SC 29745
Estimated Participation 550 riders... Number of Races 10
The second day of the 2013 RHBC Classic features a challenging road race, located in and around Western York County. This 28 mile, multi-loop race allows riders to test themselves through rolling/hilly countryside while racing thru several small SC towns. Start / Finish is at York Middle School in York, SC (SC 321 south of York).
Map of the road course can be found here : 2013 RHBC Classic Road Race
For questions or comments please feel free to EMAIL our Competition Director Chris Reinke.
* If you do not own a ProChip, you will be provided one but required to leave credit card imprint with registration. The imprint will be returned to you after chip turn-in. This is a requirement of the timing company. Thank you for your cooperation.
Please call hotel directly & Mention “Rock Hill Bicycle Club Spring Races” for discount
Microtel Inn & Suites 1047 Riverview Rd, Rock Hill, SC 29730(803) 817-7700 Fax: (803) 817-7700$72 per night up to day before races. $62.95 single / $72.95 double / $82.95 suite Country Inn & Suites 865 Patriot Parkway, Rock Hill, SC 29730(803) 329-5151 Fax: (803) 329-5811Prices good up to the week of races
Check out the history of our race:
Evolution of the Race
- 1980 the Spring Races began with Criterium in Fewell Park, Rock Hill
- 1990 Time Trial event starting in downtown Rock Hill included 150 participants
- 1991 returned to Criterium at Winthrop Lake
- 1993 moved to two-day event (Criterium + Road Race)
- 2004 participation has grown to an average of 425 racers per day
- 2005 Addition of Friday Night Sprints
- 2006 Crit moved to downtown Rock Hill, SC
- 2010 Crit returns to Winthrop Lake
RHBC Spring Omnium Stats
- One of the first major races of the year for serious competitors
- Large racer turnout with an average of 500 racers per day
- 86% of the racers are from states other than South Carolina
- Racers have attended from Yugoslavia, Canada, CA, FL, GA, KY, LA, MA, NC, NJ, OH, OR, TN, VA, in addition to SC
- Racers conservatively generated more than 800 room nights for our area hotels and other lodging facilities